Affordable Cost Cardiac Surgery in India
Plan your Cardiac Surgery in India with Indian Healthguru Consultants
Cardiac Surgery is the treatment performed on the heart to resolve any disorder. Cardiac surgeries are generally complicated and it is equally crucial to choose the right surgeon. Indian Healthguru is a medical value provider in India having association with the best cardiac surgeons and hospitals, providing world-class treatment at affordable rates.
How things function at Indian Healthguru Group:
- Basic facilities: Indian Healthguru helps in arrangement of medical visa, to and fro airport service, accommodation, meals, appointment with surgeon, lab tests etc.
- Qualified panel: Indian Healthguru has network of the best surgeons and hospitals, providing supreme healthcare in India.
- Affordable: What is the Cardiac Surgery Costs in India? The expenses incurred in the entire travel for the cardiac surgery in India are nearly 30% of that in most Western countries..
- Professionalism: We maintain highest ethics in providing the treatments and the procedures are followed with transparency.
- Other services: Our group also takes care of facilities like providing health meals as prescribed by your doctor, planning vacation in India, rejuvenation, rehab facilities.
International Patient Experience
I am Hussain from Maldives. I needed ASD surgery but could not fight the right doctor for it. So I searched over the internet and found Indian Healthguru, that promised best service at very low cost. I sent them a query to which I received an immediate reply asking for my detailed medical report. After competing the procedure, I came to India. I received treatment in the best Pediatric cardiac surgery hospital in India and am happy with it. I wish to thank the Indian doctors and Indian Healthguru for their support.
|AWARDED AS THE BEST MEDICAL TRAVEL PROVIDER- YEAR 2022-23|
|PATIENTS MANAGED- 230 approx / EVERY YEAR|
|PATIENT SATISFACTION- 97%|
|INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CLINICS- AVERAGE 5 / YEAR|
|PERSONALISED APPROACH- 1 PATIENT MANAGER FOR EVERY 5 PATIENTS.|
Each day, thousands of people in the world have cardiac surgery (also known as heart surgery). Cardiac surgery is used to correct heart problems in children and adults. When medication and catheter-based treatments do not relieve your symptoms then cardiac surgery may be your only option for treatment for a range of heart conditions, including but not limited to mitral valve prolapse (MVP), atrial septal defect (ASD), and coronary artery disease. Facing either traditional heart surgery or open heart surgery to treat disorders occurring in the chest cavity can be a frightening experience. You have several decisions to make including choosing your cardiac surgeon, your hospital, and which procedure you and your physician choose.
What is cardiac surgery?
Cardiac surgery is a surgery on the heart performed by cardiac surgeons. Frequently, it is done to treat complications of ischemic heart disease (for example, coronary artery bypass grafting), correct congenital heart disease, or treat valvular heart disease caused by various causes including endocarditis. It also includes heart transplantation.
Why Cardiac Surgery?
The various types of Cardiac Surgeries performed may be used to address the following issues:
- Repair or replace the valves that control blood flow through the heart's chambers
- Bypass or widen blocked or narrowed arteries to the heart
- Repair aneurysms, or bulges in the aorta, which can be deadly if they burst
- Implant devices to regulate heart rhythms
- Destroy small amounts of tissue that disturb electrical flow through the heart
- Make channels in the heart muscle to allow blood from a heart chamber directly into the heart muscle
- Boost the heart's pumping power with muscles taken from the back or abdomen
- Replace the damaged heart with a heart from a donor
Top Cardiac Hospitals in India
Our network of top cardiac hospitals in India offer the world class cardiology services including the heart care, advanced treatments, child heart surgery and more.
The best cardiac surgeons in India provides specialist consulting, diagnostic and treatment services at different locations in India. The hospitals in India are located at Chennai, Delhi, Pune, Kochi, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Nagpur, Kerala, Goa, Hyderabad, etc.
What are the various Cardiac Conditions?
- Angina Pectoris
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Sarcoma
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Murmurs
- Heart Valve Diseases
- High Blood Pressure / Hypertension
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
What are the Types of Cardiac Surgery?
cardiac surgery, which are used to fix different types of heart problems:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) is the most common type of heart surgery. This surgery is used for people who have severe coronary heart disease (CHD), also called coronary artery disease. In CHD, a fatty material called plaque builds up inside your coronary (heart) arteries. Plaque narrows the arteries and limits blood flow to your heart muscle. CHD can cause angina, shortness of breath, and heart attack. During CABG, a surgeon takes a vein or an artery from your chest, leg, or another part of your body and connects, or grafts, it to the blocked artery. The grafted artery bypasses (that is, goes around) the blockage. This allows oxygen-rich blood to reach the heart muscle. Surgeons can bypass multiple blocked coronary arteries during one surgery.
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization: or TLR, is a surgery used to treat angina when no other treatments work. For example, if you've already had one CABG procedure and can't have another one, TLR may be an option. This type of heart surgery isn't common. During TLR, a surgeon uses lasers to make channels in the heart muscle. These channels allow oxygen-rich blood to flow from a heart chamber directly into the heart muscle.
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement : is done to fix leaflets that don't open as wide as they should. This can happen if they become thick or stiff or fuse together. As a result, not enough blood flows through the valve into the artery. It is also is done to fix leaflets that don't close tightly. If the leaflets don't close tightly, blood can leak backward into the heart chambers, rather than only moving forward into the arteries as it should. To fix these problems, surgeons either repair the valve or replace it. Replacement valves are taken from animals or made from human tissue or man-made materials. To repair a mitral or pulmonary valve that's too narrow, a surgeon will insert a catheter through a large blood vessel and guide it to the heart. This procedure is less invasive than open-heart surgery.
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrhythmia Treatment: An arrhythmia is a problem with the rate or rhythm of the heartbeat. Most of them are harmless, but some can be serious or even life threatening. When the heart rate is abnormal, the heart may not be able to pump enough blood to the body. Lack of blood flow can damage the brain, heart, and other organs. Arrhythmias usually are treated with medicine first. If medicine doesn't work well enough, you may need surgery. This surgery is done with a pacemaker who sends electrical signals through the wires to control your heart rhythm. In this operation, the surgeon makes new paths for the heart's electrical signals to travel through. This type of surgery is used to treat atrial fibrillation, the most common type of serious arrhythmia. Simpler, less invasive procedures also are used to treat atrial fibrillation.
- Aneurysm Repair: An aneurysm is an abnormal bulge or "ballooning" in the wall of an artery or the heart muscle. This bulge happens when the wall weakens. Pressure from blood moving through the artery or heart causes the weak area to bulge. Over time, an aneurysm can grow and burst, causing dangerous, often fatal bleeding inside the body. Aneurysms in the heart most often occur in the heart's lower left chamber (the left ventricle). Repairing an aneurysm involves surgery to replace the weak section of the artery or heart wall with a patch or graft.
- Heart Transplant: A heart transplant is surgery to remove a person's diseased heart and replace it with a healthy heart from a deceased donor. Your doctor may recommend a heart transplant if your heart is so damaged or weak that it can't pump enough blood to meet your body's needs. This condition is called heart failure. This type of surgery is a life-saving measure that's used when medical treatment and less drastic surgery have failed. Patients on the waiting list for a donor heart receive ongoing treatment for heart failure and other medical conditions.
- Ventricular Assist Devices: VADs are mechanical pumps that are used to support heart function and blood flow in people who have weakened hearts. Your doctor may recommend a VAD if you have heart failure or if you're waiting for a heart transplant. You can use a VAD for a short time or for months or years, depending on your situation. Depending on a patient's heart problem, general health, and other factors, he or she can have open-heart surgery or minimally invasive heart surgery.
- Open-Heart Surgery: Open-heart surgery is any kind of surgery in which a surgeon makes a large incision (cut) in the chest to open the rib cage and operate on the heart. "Open" refers to the chest, not the heart. Depending on the type of surgery, the surgeon also may open the heart. Open-heart surgery is used to bypass blocked arteries in the heart, repair or replace heart valves, treat atrial fibrillation, and do heart transplants. Increasing numbers of surgeons have started to use off-pump, or beating heart, surgery to do CABG. This approach is like traditional open-heart surgery, but surgeons don't use a heart-lung bypass machine. Off-pump heart surgery isn't right for all patients.
Who needs a cardiac surgery?
Cardiac surgery is used to treat people who have certain heart diseases and conditions. If other treatments—such as lifestyle changes, medicines, and medical procedures—haven't worked or can't be used, heart surgery may be an option. Cardiac surgery is used to treat heart failure and coronary heart disease. It's also used to fix heart valves that don't work right, to control heart rhythms, and to replace a damaged heart with a healthy one.
What are the Preparationa for the Surgery?
There are many types of heart surgery. The type you need depends on your situation. One person's experience before surgery can be very different from another's. Some people carefully plan their surgeries with their doctors. They know exactly when and how their surgeries will happen. Other people need emergency heart surgery. Others are diagnosed with blocked coronary arteries and are admitted to the hospital right away for surgery as soon as possible. If you're having a planned surgery, you may be admitted to the hospital the afternoon or morning before your surgery. Your doctors and others on your health care team will meet with you to explain what will happen. They'll give you instructions on how to prepare for the surgery. You also may need to have some tests, such as an EKG (electrocardiogram), chest x ray, or blood tests. An intravenous (IV) line will be placed into a blood vessel in your arm or chest to give you fluids and medicines. Hair near the incision site may be shaved. Your skin may be washed with special soap to reduce the risk of infection.
Just before the surgery, you'll be moved to the operating room. You'll be given medicine so that you fall asleep and feel no pain during the surgery.
What to Expect After Heart Surgery?
Depending on the type of heart surgery, you may spend a day or more in the hospital's intensive care unit (ICU). You may have an intravenous (IV) needle inserted in a blood vessel in your arm or chest to give you fluids until you're ready to drink on your own. The entire time you're at the hospital, doctors and nurses will closely watch your heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, vital signs, and incision site(s). Your recovery at home will depend on what kind of heart problem and surgery you had. Your doctor will give you specific instructions about how to:
- Care for your healing incisions
- Recognize signs of infection or other complications
- Cope with after-effects of surgery
Recovery time varies for different types of heart surgery. Full recovery from traditional open-heart CABG may take 6 to 12 weeks or more. Less recovery time is needed for off-pump heart surgery and minimally invasive heart surgery. Your doctor will let you know when you can go back to your daily activities, such as working, driving, and physical activity.
What are the Risks of Heart Surgery?
Heart surgery has risks, even though its results often are excellent. Risks include:
- Infection, fever, swelling, and other signs of inflammation.
- Reaction to the medicine used to temporarily put you to sleep during surgery.
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats).
- Memory loss and problems concentrating or thinking clearly.
- Damage to tissues in the heart, kidneys, and lungs.
Mr. Kenneth Gilman from USA shares his experience of getting Cardiac Surgery done in India
Mr. Kenneth Gilman
Cardiac surgeries can be really complicated at times; especially the ones which are performed under emergency conditions, but the doctors at Indian Health Guru are experienced to handle such cases with maximum success rate. In fact, you start feeling better the moment you step in the medical facility. The staff and the cardiac surgeons in India are really friendly and consider every patient and their families individually, instead of treating you just another medical case they have come across. The kind of atmosphere and the care you expect from a good cardiac surgery hospital in India, you get more than that at the hospital without putting a hole in your pocket.
Why consider Cardiac surgery in India?
Cardiac care has become a specialty in India with a very good health infrastructure to reckon with. These medical units or hospitals have the latest innovations in medical electronics with unmatched expertise in leading cardiologists and cardo-thoracic surgeons. These cardiac surgeons have the distinction of providing comprehensive cardiac care spanning from basic facilities in preventive cardiology to the most sophisticated curative technology. The technology is contemporary and world class and the volumes handled match global benchmarks. Cardiac Surgery in India is available at various hospitals of different cities.
The cities have renowned cardiac hospitals which are equipped to handle all phases of heart diseases from the elementary to the latest clinical procedures like interventional cardiac catherisation and surgical cardiac transplants. International patient coming for various heart surgeries do not have to worry about the arrangement while deciding for their cardiac treatment in India. As the Indian medical tourism takes care of every aspect of their medical tour. A patient has to just send a query related to the surgery then rest if their job. They also specialize in offering surgery to high risk patients with the introduction of innovative techniques like minimally invasive cardiac surgery and robotic surgery. The added feature of having your cardiac treatment here in India is the zero patient wait lists for the patients suffering from any cardiac problem. Here they can avail their respective surgery.
The cities have renowned cardiac hospitals which are equipped to handle all phases of heart diseases from the elementary to the latest clinical procedures like interventional cardiac catherisation and surgical cardiac transplants. International patient coming for various heart surgeries do not have to worry about the arrangement while deciding for their treatment in India. As the Indian medical tourism takes care of every aspect of their medical tour. A patient has to just send a query related to the surgery then rest if their job. They also specialize in offering surgery to high risk patients with the introduction of innovative techniques like minimally invasive and robotic surgery. The added feature of having your cardiac treatment here in India is the zero patient wait lists for the patients suffering from any cardiac problem. Here they can avail their respective surgery as and when required as the urgency is the priority in India rather than first come first serve concept.
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
Email : email@example.com
What is the Cost of Cardiac Surgery in India?
- The Average Cost of Cardiac Surgery in India approximately Rs. 2,40,000 ($3,000) to 6,40,000 ($10,000). The cost of surgery can vary depending on the, Patient Current Condition, Type of Surgery, choice of the healthcare facility like surgeons and hospitals, Pre- and Post-Operative Care etc.
- India has no parallels in healthcare when it comes to cost effective treatments in comparison with other countries offering low cost cardiac surgery. Significant cost differences exist among US, UK and South Asian countries. That gives India a certain edge when it comes to reasonable medical treatments. No matter what procedure you undergo, you are sure to save 75% to 95% of healthcare costs. The following table would further enhance the cost difference, which as under:
Open Heart Surgery (CABG)
Heart Valve Replacement/ Repair
Pacemaker or ICD Implant
TAVI/ TAVR Surgery
Ventricular Septal Defect Surgery
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
How do I access Cardiac Surgery in India with Advanced Technology at Affordable Price?
Indian Healthguru is a medical tourism company in India catering to the overseas patients’ need of world-class medical care at affordable rates in India. To access the best facilities, you only have to send us your query and medical reports (if any), so that we can revert to you with services extendable.
Is Cardiac Surgery in India with Medical Tourism an economical package?
Medical tourism in India is known not only for high quality treatment, but also for its affordability. Low cost of living I India makes the services provided also reasonable and economical.
Does cardiac surgery India promise experience and success at its best level?
Cardiac surgery in India ranks among the best across the world. Indian Healthguru has ties with the best cardiac specialists in India, who offer maximum success rate of treatment.
How will I get Indian Medical Visa?
To know about the procedure of getting an Indian Medical Visa, please go to our website where you will find all the details regarding the initial procedure. You can also send us a query regarding the same.
I can only speak my native language?
Yes. Many hospitals in India have language translators to help you communicate better and effortlessly with the doctors and medical staff.
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
Our Blog Posts
- Best Valve Replacement Surgeons in India
- List of Best Kidney Stone Surgeons in India
- Top VSD Surgeons in India
- List of Top 10 Heart Failure Surgeons in India
- List of Top Urethroplasty Surgeons in India
- Top 10 Pediatric Cardiac Surgeons Fortis Hospital in India
- Best Cardiac Surgeons Fortis Hospital in India